Halpin places job seekers at all career levels in many industries.
Professional. Accounting/Finance. Engineering. HR.
Marketing/Sales. Administrative. Light Industrial. Heavy Industrial.
When you find a position you’re interested in, click Apply Now to fill out an application. If you’d just like to submit your resume, click here and enter the position title in notes box.
Racine, WI 53406
Position summary: Under the direction of the Shop Manager, the welder/fabricator performs various types of welding processes and fabrication techniques to correct deficiencies to heavy construction equipment, attachments, trucks and trailers along with upfitting vehicles and equipment with various guards and safety apparatuses.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Performs welding repairs for heavy equipment machinery and fabricating of metals parts with projects under general supervision
- Performs maintenance, repair, fabricating, welding, remodeling and construction on a variety of metal products from samples and sketches
- Performs manual forging, shaping, straightening, sizing, dressing and heat treating of metal products, etc.
- Operates acetylene cutting torch, air arc gouge, plasma arc cutter, welding machine, mig machine, grinders, etc. To join, surface, fabricate or repair parts of metal or other weld materials according to specifications
- Performs a variety of welding techniques including FAW (flux-core arc welding), SMAW (shielded metal arc welding) along with hard surfacing to obtain a wear resistant cover
- Maintains and inspects equipment and work area ensuring a clean, safe and hazard free work environment and equipment in proper working condition
- Maintains accurate records of hours worked for billing purposes
- Inspects completed work to insure prolonged life of the piece
- Ability to work more than 40 hours in any given week
- Valid driver s license, preferable Class B CDL with Air brake endorsements and meet insurance standards
- 4+ years of experience servicing and operating construction equipment
- 5+ years of experience in welding and fabrication with and without blue prints
- Must have own basic hand tools (welders, grinders, saws and drills are provided)
- Must be safety oriented and exhibit safe work habits
- Self-motivated and eager to learn new skills
- Must past a pre-employment drug screen
- High School diploma, vocational training, certification form an accreditation organization, or combination of schooling and relevant work experience
- Strong technical understanding, attention to detail, and thoroughness
- Prior experience documenting repairs with in company work order system