Racine, WI 53403
- Aligns parts, using jack, turnbuckles, wedges, drift pins, pry bars, and hammer.
- Moves parts into position, manually or by hoist or crane.
- Marks reference points onto floor or face block and transposes them to workpiece, using measuring devices, squares, chalk, and soapstone.
- Positions or tightens braces, jacks, clamps, ropes, or bolt straps, or bolts parts in positions for welding or riveting.
- Weld fitted parts together.
- Examines blueprints and plans sequence of operation, applying knowledge of geometry, effects of heat, weld shrinkage, machining, and metal thickness.
- Sets up face block, jigs and fixtures.
- Removes high spots and cuts bevels, using hand files, portable grinders, and cutting torch.
- 1st and 2nd shift, temp to hire positions located in Racine, WI.
- $14-22/hr. depending on experience.
- 2+ years welding experience required.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the appropriate tools to construct objects, structures, and buildings.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of design techniques, principles, tools and instruments involved in the production and use of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
Keywords: fitter, welding, fitting, manufacturing, tooling, tools, blueprint, structural, construction, machine, industrial, MIG, fabricate, fabrication, foundry.