Halpin places job seekers at all career levels in many industries.
Professional. Accounting/Finance. Engineering. HR.
Marketing/Sales. Administrative. Light Industrial. Heavy Industrial.
When you find a position you’re interested in, click Apply Now to fill out an application. If you’d just like to submit your resume, click here and enter the position title in notes box.
Racine, WI 53401
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE:
The trainer will create and deliver entry level training for hourly employees coordinating with and supporting the needs of Human Resources, Quality and Operations. The purpose of the position is to assist in the development and support of Pioneer Products workforce to seamlessly transfer knowledge of how we work safely, assure high quality and deliver precision machined and assembled components in accordance with job specific processes.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Identify training needs, work with department heads and outside resource groups developing training curriculum to conduct training
- Document and track training certification for each employee
- Work with operators to identify best practices and include those in our training program
- Monitor quality feedback functions like West Slips to identify recurring errors and train to eliminate identified errors
- Assure that regulatory environmental, health and safety training is updated and conducted on schedule as needed
- Support On-the-Job training for product specific process control requirements
- Provide on-boarding orientation to new hires as needed
- Train basic quality control skills including the use of gauges for measurement and how to interpret PDR and record data
- Provide skill testing to new-hires (temp or direct) to assess and assign the Level of the employee at the start of employment
- Other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
In this position the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts & vibration. The noise level in the environment can be loud, hearing protection is provided and mandatory in certain areas. Physical requirements are as follows: the employee is required to talk and hear, is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel tools & controls and reach with hands & arms. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent required
10+ years of machining experience desired (ideal internal candidate would be a Level III Operator or above)
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Training experience preferred
Proven ability to direct and coordinate operations
Strong organizational and time management skills
Epicor experience is a plus
ISO/IATF knowledge helpful
POSSIBLE SHIFT HOURS:
Coverage of both first and second shifts is mandatory, so candidate may start later in the morning and stay later into second shift to accomplish training goals