Halpin places job seekers at all career levels in many industries.
Professional. Accounting/Finance. Engineering. HR.
Marketing/Sales. Administrative. Light Industrial. Heavy Industrial.
When you find a position you’re interested in, click Apply Now to fill out an application. If you’d just like to submit your resume, click here and enter the position title in notes box.
Summer Camp Leader
Racine, WI 53402
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Exempt, salaried
JOB PURPOSE: The Special Events/Sales Coordinator develops, coordinates, and executes special events, seasonal festivals, promotions, concerts, and details pertaining to special guests or organizations.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESULTS:
- Develops related policies and procedures
- Develops, administers, and monitors assigned budgets
- Directs a variety of special events through coordination with other departments
- Updates recorded information hotline
- Assures proper notification of special events to all affected departments
- Develops expense and revenue projections for events
- Contracts for equipment, facilities, services, and entertainment
- Monitors contract compliance
- Develops various promotional materials
- Inspects event sites and plans efficient set-up
- Decorates grounds for events as necessary
- Manages the work of event staff
- Recruits and trains volunteers as needed
- Oversees event and responds to operational issues
- Provides event analysis and cost evaluation
- Prepares related reports and correspondence
- Responsible for the readiness and safety of all facilities as operations duty manager
- Represents the Zoo in interactions with guests and the general public
- Resolves a variety of employee issues affecting operations
- Coordinates and implements established emergency plans
- Provides complex interpretation of organization policies, procedures, and emergency plans
Bachelor s degree and 2-5 years experience working in events/sales is desired. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to accept direction and also lead a team; possess strong observational, written and oral communicational skills, and have accurate record keeping abilities. They must be highly adaptable and the ability to lift 35- 50 pounds.
Must have, or ability to learn basic first aid, and CPR. Willingness to work overtime and be available based on special needs/circumstances on a 24-hour basis, work outdoors, and risk periodic exposure to fairly predictable and controllable hazards associated with wild animals and zoonotic diseases.
Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Wisconsin s driver s license.
Temporary to full time, insurance provided once hired on.