Halpin places job seekers at all career levels in many industries.
Professional. Accounting/Finance. Engineering. HR.
Marketing/Sales. Administrative. Light Industrial. Heavy Industrial.
When you find a position you’re interested in, click Apply Now to fill out an application. If you’d just like to submit your resume, click here and enter the position title in notes box.
Lake Geneva, WI 53147
Position purpose: To sort, wash, and return dishes and utensils to food operations throughout the hotel. To maintain a clean and efficient workstation. To expedite clean dishes and utensils to the cook line and other areas of Food & Beverage on an as needed basis.
- Properly fill and maintain dish machine according to manufacturer' s standards. Maintain cleanliness standards of machine according to health department guidelines. Receive, scrape, rinse, and rack dishes and utensils.
- Unload dish machine, stack, store, and return dishes and utensils to proper area of kitchen.
- Empty garbage cans in dish area and throughout kitchen as needed. Maintain dish area including floors, walls, and counter areas within the prescribed standards of the hotel and health department guidelines.
- Sweep and mop floors in dish room and kitchen. Clean and dry floors to avoid slip/fall accidents and replace floor mats.
- Transport soiled ware to wash area and return empty trucks to bus area, if an outside function.
- Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards.
- Wipe down counter tops and preparation areas in order to maintain a clean, efficient operation.
- Restock area with required supplies.
- Maintain condition and cleanliness of work area.
- Handle cleaning chemicals according to prescribed safety standards. Practice good safety habits with chemicals, wet floors and other slip and fall hazards throughout kitchen.
- Assist with the lifting and moving of food carts, dish storage racks and other kitchen equipment as directed by supervisor.
- Set up equipment stations in designated areas so service staff can carry out their functions.
- Establish bus station(s) in service corridor for efficient operation.
- Anticipate equipment needs from event order.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- No prior experience required.
- Ability to remain calm under stress. Fast paced work area with considerable noise and frequent interruptions. Work area may be confining.
- Previous stewarding experience preferred
- Basic English communication skills preferred.
- Ability to work long hours as and when needed and should be able to stand on feet for long time.
- Able to follow instructions and is reliable and punctual.
- Must be able to operate large catering trucks and pass drivers authorization
- Lift objects weighing 75 pounds with the ability to push, pull or transport material weighing 150 pounds through crowded area.
- Must be able to carry objects weighing 50 pounds for short distances.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
Reporting Relationship: This position reports to the Executive Steward.