Halpin places job seekers at all career levels in many industries.
Professional. Accounting/Finance. Engineering. HR.
Marketing/Sales. Administrative. Light Industrial. Heavy Industrial.
When you find a position you’re interested in, click Apply Now to fill out an application. If you’d just like to submit your resume, click here and enter the position title in notes box.
Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSABILITIES: Will include the following, however, other duties may be assigned and abilities may be utilized to perform work in other areas of the maintenance department based upon the needs of the company.
- Perform PM maintenance and repairs as directed by the Maintenance Manager on compressors, condensers, evaporators, pumps, vessels, valves, purgers, and other machinery included in the ammonia refrigeration equipment.
- Replacement of defective mechanical and manual valves
- Control the equipment set points to accommodate the needs of our customers and maintain the integrity of their product.
- Maintain control of the water treatment system and associated chemicals
- Replace defective fan motors
- Remove ice build up from evaporator drain pans, investigate the cause and correct the problem
- Work in motor room, freezer, and blast cell areas
- Drain oil from ammonia system
- Fill out daily reports as directed by Plant Engineer
- Remove and reinstall ammonia compressors
- Perform motor alignments by use of dial caliper indicators
- Compressor and pump shaft seal replacements
- Perform oil and ammonia sampling for analysis on a regular schedule
- Work directly with all refrigeration contractors, electricians, and pipe fitters when they are working on the ammonia refrigeration system to ensure that they are following all of the company safety policies and meeting work standards.
- Inspect ammonia detection system
- Ensure that all ammonia system safeguards are functioning properly at all times
- Check integrity and tolerances by the use of a micrometer
- Must be able to read and interpret P& ID drawings
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS: Employee must successfully complete Refrigeration Operator I training course, have a minimum of 3 years of ammonia refrigeration experience, be able to obtain a CARO certification through RETA within a 6 month period ( or approved equivalent ). PSM/RMP training would be beneficial but not a necessity.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, procedure manuals, operating, and maintenance instructions. Must be able to write routine reports and correspondence, also must possess the ability to speak
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Must have the ability to calculate figures and amounts, such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Needs the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING: Must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Must also be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Also required is the ability to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, taste, smell, and talk or hear. The employee will be required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. This position requires the employee to frequently move or lift up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required to perform all aspect of this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must occasionally wear a breathing apparatus required for certain maintenance tasks and safety requirements.
Must pass a pulmonary exam and annual exams going forward.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to extreme cold. There is also frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts, high and precarious places, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. There will be occasional exposure to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes, airborne particles, and the noise level is usually moderate.