Halpin places job seekers at all career levels in many industries.
Professional. Accounting/Finance. Engineering. HR.
Marketing/Sales. Administrative. Light Industrial. Heavy Industrial.
When you find a position you’re interested in, click Apply Now to fill out an application. If you’d just like to submit your resume, click here and enter the position title in notes box.
Oak Creek, WI 53154-
The QA Tech is responsible for recording test results, taking appropriate actions when production and/or quality issues arise, and maintaining an accurate log of daily activities. The QA Tech must also work with other departments and management with quality issues, and be knowledgeable on Stella & Chewy s products, texture, taste, color and ingredients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Monitor Good Manufacturing practices in production areas
- Perform metal detector tests
- Monitoring of temperatures as part of process controls
- Ensures food safety standards are maintained in production, warehousing, and shipping
- Monitors the effectiveness of daily and scheduled plant sanitation through environmental and product surface swabbing
- Pre-op Sanitation Inspection
- Ensures raw materials, manufacturing processes, plant environment and finished products meet established formulations and specifications
- Foreign material inspections
- Assure performance of scales
- Collect samples for micro testing
- Maintain retain program through sample collection and six month inspection
- Moisture balance samples
- Room temperature monitoring
- Abiding by all safety rules and safety regulations as set by Nature s Path Foods.
- Following all aspects of the Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) program
- Knowing where the MSDS is located and how to read them.
- Knowing what safety equipment is needed to perform a specific job task.
- Knowledge of what chemicals are used to clean with.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Requires education generally equivalent to an associate s or bachelor s degree in a science based major.
6-12 months experience in quality control in a food processing environment.
Specific knowledge and Skills
Ability to write reports and to effectively present information to managers, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply mathematical concepts.
Must be able to complete all reporting using the software application Microsoft Excel and word .
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions in regards to product quality.
Must have well-developed interpersonal skills.
Requires a reliable source of transportation. Requires the ability to operate various office equipment to include a computer and copier. Requires the ability to operate various software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets (Excel) and database. Requires the ability to use lab equipment. Requires the ability to stay late if needed. Requires the availability to work weekdays and weekends if necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls; lift up to 30 lbs. And talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.