Halpin places job seekers at all career levels in many industries.
Professional. Accounting/Finance. Engineering. HR.
Marketing/Sales. Administrative. Light Industrial. Heavy Industrial.
When you find a position you’re interested in, click Apply Now to fill out an application. If you’d just like to submit your resume, click here and enter the position title in notes box.
Quality Assurance Tech
Racine, WI 53403
Evaluate the quality (dimensional and visual attributes) of product throughout the manufacturing process and prior to shipment to customers. This evaluation requires the use of CMM and other measuring equipment.
Duties and Overall Responsibilities
- Monitor the manufacturing process through product and process audits.
- Participate in the operations of the ISO Quality Management System .
- Inspect and approve first pieces in both casting and machining - this includes a complete layout each time a machining center is setup for production, and filing appropriate paperwork.
- Perform a sample attribute inspection of finished goods prior to shipping to the customers - this includes inspecting and casting defects, workmanship, cleanliness, and packaging of the products based on instructions .
- Perform incoming inspection of parts from suppliers based on requirements.
- Create certificates of conformance, material certificates, RoHs certificates, and all other test reports required to ship with production orders, and maintain a copy for quality records.
- Perform daily audits in both casting and machining ensuring that processes are being followed, paperwork is accurate, the drawing revision is correct, and the CNC program is up to date.
- Keep control of and maintain the flow of nonconforming areas.
- Perform internal ISO audits and resolve any problems with audits by following up on corrective actions.
- Review returned product upon arrival and process appropriate paperwork.
- Enter, monitor, and maintain gage calibration.
- Maintain quality files from vendors and customers.
- Sort nonconforming product for production departments as needed.
- Recognize own capabilities and take initiative to continually improve .
- Analyze weekly quality data to report to management.
- Ensure process sheets are continually up to date.
- Perform other duties as assigned
The physical requirements for this position require frequent standing and intermittent walking, bending, sitting, and lifting of parts that may at times be in excess of 50#. The Quality Assurance Technician should have the physical and mental ability to perform the above necessary job functions while maintaining an exemplary safety record.
Skills and Experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent analytical and mechanical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, at all levels within a manufacturing environment
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, working in a fast pace and ever-changing environment
- Enthusiastic, cooperative and positive behavior
- Experience with direct customer communication is desired
- Experience with measuring parts and providing a dimensional layout is desired
- Three (3) to five (5) years of manufacturing or industrial experience
- Vocational or Technical education beyond high school is a plus
This description covers principal job functions and is not intended to be a complete
listing of all duties that may be assigned during normal or emergency operations