Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
- Contribute to production operations by complying with policies and procedures for meat processing; Good Manufacturing Practices, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulations, etc.
- Contribute to a safe and sanitary work environment by complying with establishment procedures and rules.
- Inspect fresh meat to be used in the process to assure wholesomeness.
- Monitor and record weights and temperatures of cooked meat products.
- Monitor and assure that Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP' s) and establishment procedures are being followed, and that safe, quality meat products are being packaged for delivery to our customers.
- Monitor and assure the effective operation of production line metal detectors.
- Verify and record case weights and case piece counts and temperatures of finished product.
- Verify information printed or stamped on finished product cases, including proper code date, ' Use Thru' date, product code, etc.
- Collect and document product samples for lab (micro) analysis, perform chemical analysis, grilling and organoleptic testing of finished product sample to assure the customer is receiving a quality product.
- Retain unacceptable or questionable product for further analysis.
- Perform special assignments, as directed by Q. A. Management.
- Responsible for the quality of work performed and for identifying and documenting quality problems for corrective action and for preventing non-conforming product.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Desired B.A. In Biology, Chemistry, or equivalent in Science degrees.
- Required High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Possess basic math and computer knowledge including abilities in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Must be dependable and detail-oriented.
- Must be able to follow directions, record data neatly & accurately, and work under minimal supervision.
- Communicate effectively and clearly in a timely manner.
- Must be willing to work weekends and overtime hours as company necessitates.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, and good mathematical skills.
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment safety.