Halpin places job seekers at all career levels in many industries.
Professional. Accounting/Finance. Engineering. HR.
Marketing/Sales. Administrative. Light Industrial. Heavy Industrial.
When you find a position you’re interested in, click Apply Now to fill out an application. If you’d just like to submit your resume, click here and enter the position title in notes box.
Office Manager & Parish Accountant
Racine, WI 53403
Status: Initially Part-Time, approximately 24 hours per week, but may evolve into 40 hours per week. Position is considered temporary until a new pastor is installed in July 2019 and hiring decisions can be finalized at that time.
Reports To: Director of Administrative Services (DAS)
- Primary Function of This Position
- Responsibilities and Tasks
- Oversee parish staff and operations in the Pastor s and DAS absence.
- Responsible for processing all monies donated to the parish. This includes coordinating and overseeing the volunteers who count the Sunday donations, filling out bank deposit tickets, entry of deposits into the QuickBooks computerized accounting system and entry of individual parishioner contributions into the Parish Data System (PDS) software application.
- Responsible for processing the semimonthly payroll for all parish employees through the payroll vendor. This includes entry of all employee hourly and salary information and ensuring accuracy of time, wages/salaries, paid time off, deductions and tax withholding.
- Responsible for maintaining the parish s financial and accounting system using QuickBooks. This includes entering all transactions, making journal entries and adjustments, and generating accurate and timely financial statements (monthly and annual) and various reports as required.
- Responsible for processing and printing all checks and obtaining proper signatures.
- Responsible for maintaining the parish bank, investment and endowment accounts. This includes processing all deposits and withdrawals, monitoring accounts via online access and/or paper statements, and reconciling all accounts.
- Supports the DAS in developing the annual parish budget and in tracking actual vs. Forecasted revenues and actual vs. Budgeted expenses throughout the year.
- Back up the Parish Secretary when absent as may be required by answering the phone and taking messages, greeting visitors and helping them as required, and entering information for the weekly parish bulletin.
- Maintain all financial, accounting and payroll records as required by relevant authorities, e.G. Government/IRS, Archdiocese of Milwaukee, parish.
- Skills, Knowledge and Personal Qualities
- Willingness to understand and embrace the teachings and mission of the Catholic Church.
- Team player
- Solid knowledge of accounting and generally accepted accounting standards
- Good at doing detailed work
- Self-motivated and is effective when working independently
- Proficient math, computer and internet knowledge and skills
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Supervisory abilities
- Develops good relationships with staff and parishioners
- Trustworthy and can maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information at all times
- Education and Experience
- Two year accounting degree minimum
- Prior parish accounting experience
- Experienced with MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, PDS and QuickBooks software applications
- Complies with all requirements of the Archdiocese of Milwaukee Safe Environment program
- Complies with all insurance requirements concerning driving a personal vehicle for parish work
- Working Environment
- Initially 3 days, i.E. 24 hours per week, 8: 00 a.M. 4: 30 p.M. With a 30 minute unpaid lunch: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays preferred; hours will probably expand.
- Office and computer work, e.G. Data entry, creating and reviewing accounting information and reports, filing paperwork, answering the phone, attending meetings, etc.
- Employment will initially be through a temporary employment agency.
- Some travel using personal car may be required, e.G. Bank deposits.