Halpin places job seekers at all career levels in many industries.
Professional. Accounting/Finance. Engineering. HR.
Marketing/Sales. Administrative. Light Industrial. Heavy Industrial.
When you find a position you’re interested in, click Apply Now to fill out an application. If you’d just like to submit your resume, click here and enter the position title in notes box.
Racine, WI 53406
Position summary: Under the direction of the Shop Manager, the Heavy Equipment Mechanic maintains equipment operation by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements; correcting vehicle deficiencies; making adjustments and keeping records.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Determines equipment condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards
- Maintains service truck appearance by cleaning, washing and performing preventative maintenance
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts
- Must possess at least a Class B CDL with Air brake endorsements and meet insurance standards 4+ years of experience servicing construction equipment
- Strong mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Must have own tools
- Detail oriented
- Self-motivated and eager to learn new skills
- Must past a pre-employment drug screen
- High School diploma, vocational training, certification form an accreditation organization, or combination of schooling and relevant work experience
- Strong technical understanding, attention to detail, and thoroughness
- Prior experience documenting repairs with in company work order system