Halpin places job seekers at all career levels in many industries.
Professional. Accounting/Finance. Engineering. HR.
Marketing/Sales. Administrative. Light Industrial. Heavy Industrial.
When you find a position you’re interested in, click Apply Now to fill out an application. If you’d just like to submit your resume, click here and enter the position title in notes box.
Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
The Maintenance Supervisor plans, coordinates, and evaluates the activities of the hourly maintenance personnel for daily operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned depending on business necessity:
- Ensure goals and objectives are achieved pertaining to safety, quality, productivity and cost.
- Manage preventative maintenance program to assure continues operation of equipment.
- Develop maintenance staff by coaching and training employees.
- Responsible for corrective action of direct reports, counseling, disciplining, planning, monitoring and appraising work performance.
- Delegate and coordinate day-to day assignments to the maintenance personnel.
- Provide production supervisors the support and resources that are requested in a timely, appropriate manner.
- Recommends new materials, processes, equipment and procedures to enhance and improve the functioning of the plant.
- Assure compliance with safety and quality standards throughout all operations and processes.
- Available to work off shifts and provide support to both facilities during vacation periods.
- Attend daily Supervisor/ Production meetings
- Provide daily recap of maintenance work and issues to Maintenance Manager
- Track and control inventory to ensure parts are readily available
Reporting to this Position: Maintenance hourly personnel.
Essential Education and Experience:
- AA degree in engineering or field related is strongly preferred.
- Minimum 1 year experience in food processing engineering or related field is desired.
- Must have refrigeration and ammonia experience.
- Candidate should well round in safety, security, quality, USDA, productivity and employee empowerment.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
Analytical the individual synthesizes complex or diverse information.
Problem solving the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
Oral communication the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
Delegation the individual delegates work assignments, gives authority to work independently, sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
Leadership the individual inspires and motivates others to perform well, accepts feedback from others.
Management skills the individual includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; makes self available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; and develops subordinates skills and encourages growth.
Quality management the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Judgment the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
Planning/organizing the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
Safety and security the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.