Halpin places job seekers at all career levels in many industries.
Professional. Accounting/Finance. Engineering. HR.
Marketing/Sales. Administrative. Light Industrial. Heavy Industrial.
When you find a position you’re interested in, click Apply Now to fill out an application. If you’d just like to submit your resume, click here and enter the position title in notes box.
Kenosha, WI 53144-
Client is currently seeking a Logistics Associate to work in our Kenosha, WI facility. The Logistics Associate will be assigned as a key account contact responsible for entry level transportation management activities including load planning, mode determination and carrier selection to determine and recommend the most cost effective client transportation solution. Management of all modes of transportation for both domestic and international will be required.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Manage and determine cost effective transportation services related to client transportation.
- Assisting in preparation of logistics reports and administrative reports.
- Managing various transportation activities; receiving incoming inquiries; checking emails; making outbound calls to clients and performing several other tasks as required by logistics Management.
- Extensive telephone contact with shipping locations directing load planning with freight carriers to meet client fulfillment requirements.
- Manage OS&D claims mitigation including carrier negotiation to reduce client/IMS exposure.
- Monitor 3 rd party freight payment system to determine proper resolution of freight invoice adjustments and provide improvement recommendations to reduce variances.
- Work directly with client and client account management to develop, interpret and advise on logistics analytics, cost save reporting and best practice transportation practices.
- Daily tracking of shipments across all modes of transportation
- Daily management of OEM s and vendors to determine best rate, route and shipment consolidation planning including expediting, tracing and tracking error resolution.
- understanding of basic Transportation Management
- Understanding of carrier pricing agreements
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently and manage priorities under tight timelines
- Critical thinking, strong analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks effectively and efficiently
- Must be a team player
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products
- IBM iSeries or similar PC system experience required