Halpin places job seekers at all career levels in many industries.
Professional. Accounting/Finance. Engineering. HR.
Marketing/Sales. Administrative. Light Industrial. Heavy Industrial.
When you find a position you’re interested in, click Apply Now to fill out an application. If you’d just like to submit your resume, click here and enter the position title in notes box.
Watertown, WI 53094
Reporting to the Technical Manager, this position is responsible for the development of new products, provide training and direction to Chemists and Lab Technicians and to provide laboratory and technical support for all functions of the business.
The R&D Lead Chemist works closely with other members of R&D, Quality Assurance, Production, Sales, Marketing and Suppliers.
- Assist Technical Manager with assigned projects.
- Provide technical knowledge to all personnel in the Laboratory. Aid and encourage them in the achievement of their related goals
- Act as a role model/lead by example to team members and be recognized as the lab s technical expert
- Provides direction and guidance to team members to ensure that day-to-day needs and goals are met
- Assist in all aspects of employee development and training
- Continuously seek to improve our analytical capabilities through use of existing or new equipment and methods of analysis
- Formulate new products and reformulate existing products to be consistent with marketing needs and goals
- Perform appropriate performance tests to determine product is suitable for proposed application
- Keep current on competitive products and their technologies and integrate into the product line as appropriate
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment; adhere to existing safety protocols
- Provide technical support to customers, field sales personnel and all internal customers
- Manage R&D lab spending and maintain lab inventories
- Work closely with production in the scale-up of new formulas
- Order/request supplies, samples and technical information from vendors
- Keep up to date with the training requirements and new technologies
- Lead projects as assigned and perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor s degree in Chemistry
- 5-8 years minimum product development of industrial or institutional cleaning products and HPLC, GC and autotitrator experience
- High degree of science and mathematical knowledge. Effective use of technology to accomplish objectives (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP, Business Objects etc.)
- Ability to stand occasionally for extended length of time. Due to safety concerns, the wearing of contact lenses is prohibited
- Attention to detail - Should be able to complete accurate data entry and develop accurate written materials
- Ability to work cross functionally with teams to balance solutions in accordance with budget, schedule and tools
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment should be able to multi-task with proven follow-through and adherence to changing priorities and deadlines
- Action orientated - should be able to follow up on feedback to ensure positive outcomes
- Collaborative team player - Should be able to establish solid working relationships with stakeholders
- Professional communication skills Should be able to communicate with peers, customers and vendors both via verbal and written communication