Halpin places job seekers at all career levels in many industries.
Professional. Accounting/Finance. Engineering. HR.
Marketing/Sales. Administrative. Light Industrial. Heavy Industrial.
When you find a position you’re interested in, click Apply Now to fill out an application. If you’d just like to submit your resume, click here and enter the position title in notes box.
Journeyman Machine Repair Technician
Bay View, WI 53207
Under general supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, this position is responsible to modify, repair, rebuild, install and maintain a broad range of equipment and machine tools used in the manufacturing process. Diagnosis of equipment malfunctions and operating difficulties necessary for success.
- Rebuild machines to include disassembly, inspection and replacement of parts
- Layout, fabricate and weld fixtures, assemblies, frames and structures used in the manufacturing process
- Perform skilled operations such as fitting and aligning of bearings as well as spindles and shafts and calibration of moving parts to ensure proper fit and alignment
- Work from drawings, manufacturer specifications and handbook formulas
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 4 year vocational or high school degree
- Accredited journeyman apprenticeship with a minimum of 4 years of experience
- Bonus 1 or 2 (Courses in Electro Mechanical)
- Fork truck, crane operation and material handling
- Serve as a project leader and assign work based on job requirements
- Ability to work 10 hour days (3: 00 pm to 1: 00 am) Monday through Thursday with additional hours occasionally on Friday
Capabilities and Success Factors
- Strong technical aptitude
- Above average problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with continuous challenges
- Team orientation with the ability to influence others
- Focus on safety in the workplace in order to protect yourself and others from occupational accidents and injuries
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Minority/Veteran/Disabled