Halpin places job seekers at all career levels in many industries.
Professional. Accounting/Finance. Engineering. HR.
Marketing/Sales. Administrative. Light Industrial. Heavy Industrial.
When you find a position you’re interested in, click Apply Now to fill out an application. If you’d just like to submit your resume, click here and enter the position title in notes box.
Human Resource Generalist
Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
The human resource generalist performs duties at the professional level in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, training, employment, benefits management, and payroll functions. This position requires an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization. The generalist must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill and the business needs.
Duties and responsibilities
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Maintains all employee and applicant documentation as dictated by governing agencies.
- Maintains and processes all Unemployment Notices of Entitlement and potential charges in a timely, efficient manner.
- Monitors tardy and absenteeism reports and ensures proper documentation is issued on employees who have excessive tardiness or absenteeism problems.
- Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, and assist in communicating benefits information to employees.
- Assists and handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling, and exit interviewing.
- Guides supervisors and managers before executing employee disciplinary actions.
- Ensures compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs.
- Manages and tracks all employee disciplinary action
- Maintains employee personnel files.
- Other duties as assigned
- BS degree in Human Resources or related field is a plus, AA degree Human Resources or related field/HR certification with SHRM preferred
- Proven experience as HR Generalist or relevant human resources/administrative position
- PC literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Basic knowledge in labor laws
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
This job operates in an office environment.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to balance; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear as defined below:
- Sit and/or Walk for long periods of time while working with & around machinery in an assembly line process
- Able to stoop, bend, and crouch on a regular basis to check equipment or supplies in low-lying areas
- Able to work in temperatures from 60-110 degrees Fahrenheit and humidity levels as high as 98%
Observes safety and security procedures such as Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP s), Material Safety Data (MSD) sheets, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Lock-Out-Tag-Out (LOTO), Emergency Evacuations and Building Security; Reports potentially unsafe conditions and injuries: near miss/incidents/accidents; Uses and cares for company equipment and materials properly.