Casting Machine Operators
Lake Geneva, WI 53147
- Starts and operates furnace, oven, die-casting, core making, metal molding, or rotating machines to pour metal or create molds and casts.
- Removes casting from mold, mold from press, or core from core box, using tongs, pliers, hydraulic ram, or by inversion.
- Pours or loads metal or sand into melting pot, furnace, mold, core box or hopper, using shovel, ladle, or machine.
- Inspects metal casts, and molds for cracks, bubbles, or other defects and measures castings to ensure specifications met.
- Sprays, smokes, or coats molds with compounds to lubricate or insulate mold, using acetylene torches or sprayers.
- Skims or pours dross, slag, or impurities from molten metal, using ladle, rake, hoe, spatula, or spoon.
- Assembles shell halves, patterns, and foundry flasks, and reinforces core boxes, using glue, clamps, wire, bolts, rams, or machines.
- Fills core boxes and mold patterns with sand or powders, using ramming tools or pneumatic hammers, and removes excess.
- Positions, aligns, and secures molds or core boxes in holding devices or under pouring spouts and tubes, using hand tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2nd and 3rd shift, temp to hire positions available.
- $10-13/hr. depending on experience.
- Positions located in Lake Geneva, WI.
- Minimum 6 months experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Reliable transportation.
- Ability to work in a hot environment.