Halpin places job seekers at all career levels in many industries.
Professional. Accounting/Finance. Engineering. HR.
Marketing/Sales. Administrative. Light Industrial. Heavy Industrial.
When you find a position you’re interested in, click Apply Now to fill out an application. If you’d just like to submit your resume, click here and enter the position title in notes box.
Gurnee, IL 60031-
The CNC Programmer is responsible for setup and programming of CNC lathes and mills. This position plans, directs and coordinates manufacturing processes in the machining department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
1)Obtain proper training to meet performance goals for complete setup and programming on specific customer jobs.
2) Learn and adhere to all Gallagher safety practices (including wearing protective safety equipment as required), perform high quality work, and meet production run rate standards as determined by Department lead, supervisor, or manager
3) Responsibility for CNC setup and programming procedures and tools. Specific steps include:
- Develop, evaluate and improve machining methods
- Coordinate with management to introduce new methodologies and technology to increase production
- Understand and capably use Surfcam or Mastercam
- Use precision measuring instruments such as calipers, ID and OD micrometers, depth gages, indicators and bore gauges
4)Demonstrate effective verbal communication skills to collaborate with other team members concerning product design and tooling that supports efficient production methods
6) Read work instructions, manuals or other materials to implement custom jobs. Demonstrate understanding of basic measurements and temperature requirements.
7) Clean up CNC work area during and after assigned shift
8) Notify supervisors or other personnel of production problems in a timely manner
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or equivalent experience. 3-5 years polyurethane or similar manufacturing environment experience desired. Excellent organizational skills, initiative and teamwork skills required. Experience with Mazak and Mazatrol a plus.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, employee policies and procedures, technical reports and customer specifications. Ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the organization. Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Basic knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their relevant applications.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stress Tolerance Accepting constructive criticism and dealing calmly/effectively with high stress situations
- Performing General Physical Activities Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials
- Handling and Moving Objects Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating objects