Halpin places job seekers at all career levels in many industries.
Professional. Accounting/Finance. Engineering. HR.
Marketing/Sales. Administrative. Light Industrial. Heavy Industrial.
When you find a position you’re interested in, click Apply Now to fill out an application. If you’d just like to submit your resume, click here and enter the position title in notes box.
Racine, WI 53403
The Applications Technician works under the guidance of the Applications Manager on producing demos to showcase ingredients.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
1. Document and record temperatures, lot codes, brand names, expiration dates, processing steps and results.
2. Use excel to open batch sheets, calculate formulas and record data.
3. Assist in maintaining the lot code data base for utilized inventory.
4. Prepare food formulas and projects, collect ingredients, record and create lot codes, cook, bake, blend, pack, label and store as required.
5. Assist with product and process development projects. This includes formula assembly at the bench and pilot plant levels and all associated analytical testing.
6. Collect all ingredients, packaging and finished goods from the plant and keeping the R&D center properly stocked with all commonly used ingredients. This includes obtaining items from the plants and may include pulling samples from plant inventories and properly documenting sample code number, lot codes and expiration date.
7. Clean and organize lab. This includes complete sanitation of equipment, hand washing dishes, washing verifications and allergen organization.
8. Pack and unpack boxes and pallets for the Apps & Sales departments, including trade show items, equipment and samples.
9. Participate in Sensory and Tasting with groups in the R&D and Culinary departments.
10. Complete requests accurately including calculation of formulas, equipment calibration and maintenance, and ingredient information.
11. Maintain inventory of ingredients for use in samples.
Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
Commitment Ability to work within company s policies of customer satisfaction and teamwork within a collaborative environment.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High school; College preferred
Experience: Food handling preferred
Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.