Halpin places job seekers at all career levels in many industries.
Professional. Accounting/Finance. Engineering. HR.
Marketing/Sales. Administrative. Light Industrial. Heavy Industrial.
When you find a position you’re interested in, click Apply Now to fill out an application. If you’d just like to submit your resume, click here and enter the position title in notes box.
Racine, WI 53403
Under the direction of the Controller, the Accountant maintains accounting records as assigned. Ensure all accounts receivable, accounts payable and customer orders are recorded and updated daily in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Assist with month end closing activities which includes preparing and posting journal entries, G/L account reconciliations, and other analysis as needed
- Maintains commission reports for sales representatives
- Maintains and reconciles petty cash box
- Enters all customer orders and maintains order backlog and generates daily customer billing.
- Maintains fixed asset register, and tracks costs related to capital projects in process.
- Maintains scrap pickup/payment records
- Maintains Metal Invoice element database for environmental reporting
- Maintains all systems required for Accounts Payable including matching invoices/receivers/purchase orders, fielding vendor inquiries, printing reports, preparing month-end AP reporting.
- Completes all necessary data entry and paperwork to a high level of accuracy and to the appropriate measured guidelines
- Performs other accounting and general office duties as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
The physical requirements for this position include continuous sitting, intermittent walking, bending, carrying, and hand/wrist repetitive motions. Lifting requirements are minimal, and generally will not exceed lifting 20 pounds. The Accountant should have the physical and mental ability to perform the above necessary job functions while maintaining an exemplary safety record.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent telephone and customer service skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required, ability to work with/learn other computer software programs
- Knowledge of general office equipment
- Knowledge of basic business math including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
A minimum of an Associate s Degree in Accounting with five (5) or more years of related experience, or ten (10) or more years of related experience required.