Halpin places job seekers at all career levels in many industries.
Professional. Accounting/Finance. Engineering. HR.
Marketing/Sales. Administrative. Light Industrial. Heavy Industrial.
When you find a position you’re interested in, click Apply Now to fill out an application. If you’d just like to submit your resume, click here and enter the position title in notes box.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Technical school or college course work in accounting preferred.
Under general supervision and in accordance with established policies and procedures, performs a variety of services related to income tax preparation. This position has access to and works with information of a sensitive, highly confidential nature; and regularly deals with diverse matters which require a working knowledge of the tax preparation business. Focus is on individual tax returns, but we also prepare business and fiduciary returns. Must be detail oriented, dependable, self-starter with strong communication skills, able to work independently, and a quick learner.
- Checks the hold drawer daily and contacts customers for additional information, as necessary, to insure accurate completion of tax returns.
- Assists with the completion of related tax forms in accordance with policies, and in compliance with legislation and regulations.
- Scan, copy and fax returns into DMS to ensure practice has copies of all documents presented and that client folders are available for return in correct order.
- Assists with tax related research questions and issues, and responds to customers appropriately and within a timely manner.
- Assists with general office support such as filing, mailing, etc., when necessary. Makes calls to customers. Coordinates appointments with clients and staff to meet both client and staff goals.
- Helps the office achieve and exceed established goals. Performs other duties as required.
- Prior year tax preparation a minimum.
- Course of study in tax preparation and/or accounting preferred, but not necessary.
- Accounting degree from technical school preferred.
- Good communication, interpersonal and customer services skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced business environment.
- Basic knowledge of computer functions and software required (Word and Excel).
- Previous experience in tax preparation and filing a plus.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks and Lacerte tax preparation software even better!
- Potential for full time/year-round employment.