Halpin places job seekers at all career levels in many industries.
Professional. Accounting/Finance. Engineering. HR.
Marketing/Sales. Administrative. Light Industrial. Heavy Industrial.
When you find a position you’re interested in, click Apply Now to fill out an application. If you’d just like to submit your resume, click here and enter the position title in notes box.
This position is responsible for delivery of materials to and from the department, the setup and operation of the mixer, weighs scales, mill and batch off equipment and related equipment. Small Bags position is one where the operator is in charge of weighing out certain amounts of different compounds. This is a critical position to the compounding department. This position is one that requires great attention to detail, strong work ethic and reliable focus. This is the first position in the task of creating the rubber in which we use throughout the entire company for production.
- Setup and operate mixer.
- Setup and operate weigh scales.
- Perform material handling to move materials to and from the designated locations.
- Record and submit accurate production and quality data, work records, etc., appropriate to the position.
- Perform department TPM and/or 5S checklists as assigned.
- Follow standard work, line clearance and setup verification procedures relevant to position.
- Follow PPE and all safety rules specified for the work area.
- Participate in problem-solving and continuous improvement activities.
- Train others within the work area and be able to perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Position Skills Requirements:
- Ability to comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to comprehend and use measuring devices.
- Ability to perform the job and meet production and quality targets on a consistent basis.
- Ability to use computers and computerized equipment to perform the position responsibilities.
- Must possess or be able to obtain certification to operate a fork lift.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds repetitively all throughout the shift.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time in a manufacturing environment.
- Very typical factory environment with exposure to dust and compounds, noise, and temperature variations.