Halpin places job seekers at all career levels in many industries.
Professional. Accounting/Finance. Engineering. HR.
Marketing/Sales. Administrative. Light Industrial. Heavy Industrial.
When you find a position you’re interested in, click Apply Now to fill out an application. If you’d just like to submit your resume, click here and enter the position title in notes box.
Class A CDL Driver
- Perform deliveries in tractor-trailer.
- Mainly local deliveries with no overnights. Monday through Friday schedule. Weekend hours also required during summer months but typically a shorter shift.
- Operates company-owned and leased vehicles safely in delivering merchandise to and from customers and suppliers.
- Assists in loading and unloading merchandise on vehicles.
- Obtain signatures or payments on delivery and pick up tickets.
- Follows assigned scheduling of deliveries; makes deliveries on time as scheduled.
- Report operating problems or maintenance needs on vehicles.
- Maintains vehicles in neat and clean condition; observe traffic laws.
- Maintains neat personal appearance; always remains courteous and service-minded in dealing with customers.
- Keep supervisor informed of shortages, overloads or damaged merchandise; refers customer complaints to supervisor.
- Downtime and winter hours will mainly be spent in the shop performing small engine type repairs.
- 1st shift, temp to hire positions.
- Minimum 1 year CDL driving experience.
- Class A CDL required.
- Clean driving record.
- Mechanical ability and experience with small engines highly preferred.
- Pre-employment drug screening.
- Background check.
- Some heavy lifting and transferring of freight.
Keywords: CDL, Class A, Commercial Drivers License, Driver, Driving, Delivery, Semi, Tractor-trailer, Freight, flatbed, trailer.